A complete step-by-step guide to advocating for your child with special needs.
Children with special needs who succeed in school have one thing in common–their parents are effective advocates for their child. It’s not an easy job, but with The Everything® Parent’s Guide to Special Education, readers will learn how to evaluate, prepare, organize, and get quality services, no matter what the disability.
With worksheets, forms, sample documents and letters, and information on:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Educational needs for different disabilities, including multiple disabilities
- Current law, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Working within the school system to create an IEP
- Dealing with parent-school conflict